natsumi's blog

Saturday, October 22, 2005

osaka peace museum

It's very cold thesedays..... I cant get out from the warm bed in the morning....
Today, i went to the peace museum in morinomiya, osaka as a field trip of my class in CIE. I didnt know there is such kind of museum in osaka. i heard that there are many peace museums in japan. In the museum, there were many kind of things which related to the war especialy osaka air attack. I read letter which was written by child who had to live separate to their parents in the countryside in order to save themselves from the war. One boy said that I dont want to go back home until japan win the war. therefore dont worry about me. I became very sad to read this. I think that boy really want to go back home and live with their parents. However, he didnt want to worry their parents so he said such thing. I also saw the letter which inform the war death. I knew war produced a large amount of victimes but when i saw thesethings in my own eye, i felt that the war really happened 60 years ago and i could imagine how they feel and so many people are suffered from this. I could see some terrible pictures. I saw pictures of koreans who abused by japanese. It was terrible. i couldnt understand why japanese did such things. After we saw around the museum, we watched the movie. It was an animation movie about war. I heard this movie is for like elementary school students. Movie was about war and it described the people's lives in the war time. There were air attack scene and there was also the scene people die in the war. We, japanese watch such movie even when we were child to know how terrible the war is. However, foreign students said they didnt. they also said if they are teacher and if they show such movie to their syudents, they will be fired. I was surprised to hear that and i didnt know why. It was very good experience for me to go there. I could know about war. I felt that i need to know more about history. I was ahamed that I dont know well about what japanese did in the war well. In Darren's class, I could learn about history and I found that although it is difficult, but knowing history is very important and interesting.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Adelia S. said…

    Hi Natsumi, I am a Japanese Studies Major from Singapore. Would you mind if I ask you some questions regarding the Osaka Peace Museum?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home